THE HIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Learn from experts • Work with the most promising startups • Connect with Silicon Valley Thought Leaders• Be part of The Hive Family!
2018 Summer Internships
TO APPLY: SEND YOUR RESUME & COVER LETTER TO JOBS@HIVEDATA.COM & LET US KNOW WHICH OF THE BELOW AREA IS OF INTEREST TO YOU.
Internship Program Areas
Over last few years cheap computing, novel algorithms and mountains of data have unleashed new AI-based services. The Hive is at the forefront of this trend and successfully built companies that tackle use cases involving large amounts data. The Hive is currently working a myriad of possible use cases that could make machine learning broadly accessible to high-value business users.
Euclid – ML/DL Pipeline for Synapse (The Hive Internal Framework)
Euclid is a reference pipeline to build, train, evaluate and deploy end-end Machine Learning and Deep Learning applications. The reference implementations support TensorFlow, PyTorch, regular Python-based libraries.
Euclid workflow is implementation agnostic and has the following main components
- Manage data
- Train models
- Evaluate models
- Deploy models
- Make predictions
- Monitor predictions
Euclid has a mix of open source and components built in-house. The platform supports large-scale distributed training of decision trees, linear and logistic models, unsupervised models, time series models, and deep neural networks. After the model is trained, performance metrics are computed and combined into a model evaluation report. At the end of training, the original configuration, the learned parameters, and the evaluation report are saved in a model repository for analysis and deployment. In addition to training models in the traditional way – the platform will also support partitioned models / federated learning approaches.
As part of the internship, the suitable candidate will be helping to build some of these components with relevant use cases.
- Algorithm/Software Skills: Fundamental understanding of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. Experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow or CNTK. 3 years of experience in Python.
- Academic Background: Masters or Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics.
- Paid Internship
- Great Palo Alto office convenient to every mode of mass transit
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!
DeepDerm – Identifying skin disorders using Deep Learning
Skin diseases are very common in people’s daily life. Each year, millions of people in American are affected by all kinds of skin disorders. The diagnosis of skin disease is challenging and requires a variety of visual clues such as e individual lesional morphology, the body size distribution, color, scaling and arrangement of lesions. When the individual components are analyzed separately, the recognition process can be quite complex.
As human judgment is often subjective and hardly reproducible, to achieve a more objective and reliable diagnosis, a computer-aided diagnostic system should be considered. In this project, we intend to investigate the feasibility of constructing a universal skin disease diagnosis system using deep convolutional neural network (CNN). We train the CNN architecture using the 23,000 skin disease images from the Dermnet dataset and test its performance with both the Dermnet and OLE and other skin disease dataset.
• Algorithm/Software Skills: Fundamental understanding of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. Experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow or CNTK. 3 years of experience in Python.
• Experience developing computer vision, machine learning, or artificial intelligence algorithms/models with state of the art deep learning frameworks
• Knowledge of the theory and practice of computer vision and deep-learning techniques.
• Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-architected code
• Academic Background: Masters or Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics.
• Paid Internship
• Great Palo Alto office convenient to every mode of mass transit
• Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
• Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
• You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!